Take advantage of your camping holidays in the Landes to forget your car! With almost 2,500 km of cycle routes divided into 24 cycle tourism circuits, our department is a real paradise for cycling enthusiasts! So get out there, the Landes cycle paths are just waiting for you!
Cycling holidays: a great way to discover the Landes
By the sea, in the forest or on the banks of lakes and rivers, beautiful bike rides await you. In the Landes, cycling is a way of life, synonymous with freedom. Whether you are touring or staying in the region, take the time to admire the landscapes and travel at a different pace, to breathe in the sea air and the smell of the pine trees, to stop off at random in the villages and along the roads to meet new people, make discoveries or enjoy a gastronomic break... Enough to fill your eyes, your taste buds and... your calves!
The Landes in the wheels of La Vélodyssée
Ranked among the 10 most beautiful cycle routes in the world by L'Express magazine, La Vélodyssée is still making a name for itself! Take advantage of your stay at a campsite in Mimizan to cycle in unison with the ocean and the forest. Here are the details of this great ride and the tourist stages not to be missed:
- From Biscarrosse to Mimizan-Plage (51 km): the lake of Biscarrosse, the pond of Cazaux and Sanguinet, the ports of Piaou and Moutéou in Parentis-en-Born, the forest of Sainte-Eulalie, then Mimizan-Plage, the pearl of the Côte d'Argent, where our Camping Club Marina Landes, labeled "Accueil vélo" (bicycle home), will be delighted to welcome you!
- - From Mimizan-Plage to Vielle-Saint-Girons (39 km): Contis-Plage and its black and white lighthouse, the Cap de l'Homy beach, the forest, the wild coastline and the dunes as far as the eye can see, and finally the village of Vielle-Saint-Girons, a small seaside resort in the south of the Landes.
- - From Vielle-Saint-Girons to Vieux-Boucau-les-Bains (17 km): the village of Léon, the lake and the Courant d'Huchet nature reserve nicknamed "the little Amazon of the Landes", the Moliets golf course, the charming village of Messanges and the Vieux-Boucau-les-Bains marine lake.
- - From Vieux-Boucau-les-Bains to Capbreton (21 km): head for the Soustons forest, Seignosse and its beaches, the surf spots of Hossegor, the marine lake, with a finish in Capbreton, the only fishing port in the Landes, renowned for its fish market.
Other cycling routes in the Landes: cycle paths and greenways
The Landes department has almost 2,500 km of cycle routes, cycle paths and greenways which will delight both leisure cyclists and cycling enthusiasts. Here is a small selection of bike rides and cycling tours easily accessible from our campsite in Mimizan:
- - Voie Verte Mimizan - Pontenx les Forges (18 km) : departure from the Cormorans beach in Mimizan-Plage to reach Pontenx-les-Forges, following the old railway in the middle of the forest.
- - Voie Verte Parentis en Born - Ychoux (11 km): a route along the old railway line which leads from the Biscarosse lake to Ychoux through the pine forest.
- - Voie Verte Vielle St Girons - Taller (23 km): a lovely walk along the greenway "Lo Camin de Hè" ("The Railway" in Gascon) which leads to the Lake of Vielle, passing through Castets and Linxe.
- - Voie Verte Piste du Vignac (8 km): from the typical village of Lévignacq, head towards Lit-et-Mixe on a beautiful route in the heart of the Landes forest and the small villages of the hinterland.
To prepare your cycling trips, you can find a detailed guide to the cycle paths in the Landes tourist offices. Otherwise, don't hesitate to ask us for advice at the reception upon your arrival at the campsite. We will be able to advise you on the walks to do and the visits not to be missed to discover our beautiful region.
Practical: bike hire in the Landes
If you don't have a bike or if you don't want to carry it with you on holiday, no problem! Our campsite in Mimizan offers a two-wheeler rental service. Jérôme, our bike hire man, offers you a wide choice of bikes for the whole family: classic adult bikes, children's bikes, mountain bikes, VTC, electrically assisted bikes, children's trailers, tandems, fatbikes... No more excuses, now let's get on with it!